Match report by Nile

It was the highly anticipated Twickenham derby, starting with a 1 minute silence for Remembrance Day. We began the match perfectly, putting lots of pressure on the Tigers and dominating play. It wasn’t long until Gabby opened the scoring after a delicious cross from Ben. We were on the front foot, and continued to attack the Tigers, with Sylvester, Gabby, Ben and Vincent working skilfully in attack. After a quiet period, the Sharks took advantage of a defensive error in the opposition’s box, neatly cutting the ball back to Sylvester who couldn’t miss. 2-0.
A few minutes before half time, the Tigers pulled a goal back. They had shown no signs of scoring, but after some fantastic reflexes by Jayden to deny them, he could do nothing to stop the rebound. We came into half time deserving a much larger lead.

After half time, the Tigers relentlessly tried to grab an equaliser, however Martin, Joel, Rory and Charlie in defence produced some incredible tackles to keep us in the lead. The derby began hotting up, with the Tiger’s parents complaining about every decision made. The Sharks were on the wrong end of many strong fouls, yet we all played on – Alejandro, Josh and Gabby continuing to supply the attackers with defence-splitting passes. The Tigers had a penalty shout, but the referee rightly didn’t give one.

The final 3 goals came in quick succession. After some great play between Ben and Charlie on the left wing, including a nutmeg from Charlie, the ball came to Vincent who rifled onto the crossbar and in. 3-1. The Sharks were completely in control. Our 4th goal, about a minute after the 3rd, came from high pressure and took advantage of the Tiger’s fatigue. Nile tackled one of the Tigers straight after kickoff and played a through ball into Francis, who sprinted in on goal and slotted the ball into the corner.

With the game coming to an end, we still had time for one more goal – Vincent playing an easy pass to Nile on the edge of the six-yard box, who had a nearly empty goal to score in.
The game finished 5-1! We had all worked tirelessly and deserved nothing less than what we got. The Sharks now move very close to the top of the table with a convincing win.